Friends Ongoing Lobby Book Sale
Founded in 1962, the Friends of the Library is a group of individuals, families, businesses, and organizations working to improve the Library’s facilities, collections, staffing, and special programs to benefit the community.
The Friends of the Library help the Pawtucket Public Library and the community in many unique and important ways.
- Annual Book Sale
- Ongoing Lobby Book Sale
- Provide discount passes to area museums and attractions
- Support lifelong learning including reading programs for children, adult literacy classes, and digital literacy classes
- Support improvements to library facilities and technologies
- Encourage children to read by giving books to those in need
- Support legislation of interest to libraries and their users
... and more!
Volunteer your time and talents!
When you volunteer to join in the activities of the Friends of the Library, you’ll be providing a valued service, and you’ll enjoy the camaraderie of other committed volunteers.
The Friends of the Library invite you to join in developing and achieving our goals to improve one of the community’s greatest assets, the Pawtucket Public Library.
Through your membership contribution, you can help us achieve our goals for the coming year. If you can volunteer your time and talents to the group, that’s even better!
All are welcome.